When will 2014 colors be announced?

Talk all Sport & Performance Bike Topics. Talk Motorcycle Racing & the State of the Two-Wheel Industry.

When will 2014 colors be announced?

Postby TWUK on Thu May 16, 2013 5:41 am

Does anyone know at what event or on what date BMW announce color for the coming year's bikes?
TWUK
Iceman

Re: When will 2014 colors be announced?

Postby SHIVA on Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 am

it's around September. Sometimes August. But there is no actual date and no guarantee that they release new colors for every model year. sometimes they stick to the same colors for 2 years or make available one or two colors for multiple years on the more popular bikes, such as the GS. this year EICMA is in NOV, so, some new models will be announced then.
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SwOrdFiscH on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:47 pm

2014 Colours are as such:

K1300S - Sapphire Black/Dark Graphite Metallic, Titan Silver/Sapphire Black, 30th Anniversary (which is weird, but thats what my 2014 model sheet says)
S1000RR - Sapphire Black Metallic, Alpine White/Lupin Blue/Magma Red, Granite Grey Metallic/Alpine White, Racing Red/Alpine White/Sapphire Black.
K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic, Dark Graphite Metallic, Sakhir Orange Metallic/Blackstorm Metallic.
HP4 - Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Sapphire Black - Competition (Racing Blue Metallic Wheels/Carbon)

I have all the Colours For every BMW Model But these apply to this forum...
1999 Honda CBR600F4
2000 Honda CBR900RR
2001 Honda CBR929
2002 Honda RC51
2003 Honda RC51
2004 Suzuki GSXR750K4
2006 BMW K1200S
2009 BMW K1300S
2010 BMW K1300S
2009 BMW HP2Sport "Current Bike" will never sell.
SwOrdFiscH
Smith

Postby SHIVA on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks for sharing the K1300S colors. as mentioned on multiple occasions in our community, the K1300S will be carried over for 2014 with no change as its last year of production.

I think the reason they are still carrying the 30th Anniversary, it because of unsold inventory.

The '14 S1000RR colors are here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19660

The '14 K1600GTL and the K1600GT Sport are here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19661
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby jewilson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 am

Shiva,

What have you heard about a new K1300s or a replacement for the bike. The local BMW dealer had very few K1300s this year and one of the sales guys said they were not importing many this year as the demand hyper bike is down. I have no idea what they BMW and thought you have a good idea.

I sure want a Nikon D800 and it seems my D80 is technologically behind the times.

Cheers
Jim
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby SHIVA on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:08 am

we have been covering this topic for over two years now.

What future for K-S? The answer is none!
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16182

The best thing you can do is to wait until the Milan motorcycle show EICMA in Nov, then we'll know for sure, but basically the K1300S is going to be carried one more year into 2014 with no change, even the 30th Anniversary Special will be carried one more year due to excess inventory. then the K1300S series will be discontinued, which I am in favor of. it's a decision that makes sense business wise since BMW is foregoing all special models and are going for big money and big volume now. They want to be like Honda. They want only the big volume bikes GS, RR (plus naked), GT (includes the new RT to be called GT) and Scooter, everything else is being pushed out.

The K1300S is at the very bottom of the sales charts for BMW. meaning there is no bike that sells less, oh wait I forgot, there is one bike that sells even less and that's the K1300R. ;) this is the main reason for the K1300 being rightfully discontinued. The sport guys are buying the RR and those who want comfort are getting the K1600GT. So, the K1300S is losing riders from both sides of the spectrum.

Four factors put the nails in the K1300S coffin.
1) The horrendously terrible reliability record of the K1200S. It put a lot of people off K bikes. And initial issues with the K1300S and some are ongoing such as the switchgear fiasco.
2) The ubiquitous availability of ABS on sport and sport touring bikes. There was a time when BMW was the only real show if you wanted an ABS equipped bike.
3) The most amazing success story experienced by a sport bike in recent memory, the S1000RR.
4) A fast touring bike with glass smooth engine, lots of luggage and comfortable pillion perch, the K1600.
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby jewilson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Shiva,

All of your answers very good financial sense and for sure BMW shot their selves in the quality foot with all the problems. I purchases the K13s because I did not trust the engineering and implementation on the K12, and like you said they have their bases covered on product. If I was younger a RR might be appealing and the 1600 or just to big and heavy for me.

Thanks for the update, I kind of figured it was headed south or they would put in the 1600 motor. It seems that most K bike owner don't want a 1200s and 1300s with the extra weight and size. I ready like the Multistrada but the seat height is to much.

Regards,
Jim
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby SHIVA on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 pm

typical BMW riders are a funny bunch. they want comfort above all else, including performance and so on. they can't bend their backs, bend their knees, bend their elbows, can't blink and turn their heads. ohh, even for a weekend ride, they want to take the !!SPAMMER!! DELETE THIS THREAD sink with them. that's why the GS is king! Followed by the touring bikes such as the RT. Now that BMW gave them the wonderfully smooth and powerful I-6 engine in luxo-sport-touring, and luxo-touring, what more could they possibly ask for. Maybe a cruiser (no knee bending at all), which we know is coming. From what I heard disputes over the new cruiser's designs caused the legendary Dave Robb to quit as the head of design.

BMW guys like us who like performance and want sport riding position are in the minority. However, the RR has now brought in a whole new group of ridership for BMW. I just wish they get rid of that blinking headlight style. 4 years of this is sufficient.

Although I doubt it, but BMW may surprise us at EICMA. What's being shown at the EICMA, are the new R12GS ADV, New R1200RT to called possibly R1200GT, S1000SR the naked and a couple of other smaller projects.
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby jewilson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

You're so right. BMW guys don't normally work on there bikes and just ride them. That not bad thing but I like being involved with my motorized vehicles Bikes or Cars. I still ride my old R1 but I have arthritis in my shoulders so my limit is 300-400 miles. So I need require some comfort but I still like hauling A sometimes.

I have this deal about big guys on little sport bikes or big guys driving its looks funny and the R1 is bigger much bigger than a RR or RSV4. So I guess I'll be keeping my K1300s I just wish it had cruse control, in TX we have a lot of straight roads. Styling does not seem to be one of BMW strong suits and even there paint job or good no as good as what I see on say Yamaha like the FJR. I guess if were to buy a touring bike it would be a Motus I really like the styling and its concept if it makes it.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engi ... to_08.html
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby SHIVA on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 pm

the probability of Motus lasting is 0%. Unless they will be happy with 100 units a year.
Wrong pricing, wrong market segment, wrong country for sport touring. And their first product too. It's just a little game that they are playing. And what the press thinks has no relevancy in this matter. in the US moto press has no impact, that's why the vast majority buy the same Harleys.

The only press that matters is about Superbike bragging rights and shoot outs. Whichever superbike that wins the shootouts (it's been the RR since it came out) sells the most. :)
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby jewilson on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:01 pm

SHIVA wrote:the probability of Motus lasting is 0%. Unless they will be happy with 100 units a year.
Wrong pricing, wrong market segment, wrong country for sport touring. And their first product too. It's just a little game that they are playing. And what the press thinks has no relevancy in this matter. in the US moto press has no impact, that's why the vast majority buy the same Harleys.

The only press that matters is about Superbike bragging rights and shoot outs. Whichever superbike that wins the shootouts (it's been the RR since it came out) sells the most. :)

I believe your going to be spot on about Motus making a go of it. I still like the concept and hope they do we need more American bike manufactures. I guess that's why we make Corvettes and other countries make much cooler cars, how most of the are out of my price range. I'll drive SRT 392 Charger and be happy and still think about another bike that I like.
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby andreas1 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 pm

SHIVA wrote:we have been covering this topic for over two years now.

What future for K-S? The answer is none!
http://bmwsuperbikes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 38&t=16182

The best thing you can do is to wait until the Milan motorcycle show EICMA in Nov, then we'll know for sure, but basically the K1300S is going to be carried one more year into 2014 with no change, even the 30th Anniversary Special will be carried one more year due to excess inventory. then the K1300S series will be discontinued, which I am in favor of. it's a decision that makes sense business wise since BMW is foregoing all special models and are going for big money and big volume now. They want to be like Honda. They want only the big volume bikes GS, RR (plus naked), GT (includes the new RT to be called GT) and Scooter, everything else is being pushed out.

The K1300S is at the very bottom of the sales charts for BMW. meaning there is no bike that sells less, oh wait I forgot, there is one bike that sells even less and that's the K1300R. ;) this is the main reason for the K1300 being rightfully discontinued. The sport guys are buying the RR and those who want comfort are getting the K1600GT. So, the K1300S is losing riders from both sides of the spectrum.

Four factors put the nails in the K1300S coffin.
1) The horrendously terrible reliability record of the K1200S. It put a lot of people off K bikes. And initial issues with the K1300S and some are ongoing such as the switchgear fiasco.
2) The ubiquitous availability of ABS on sport and sport touring bikes. There was a time when BMW was the only real show if you wanted an ABS equipped bike.
3) The most amazing success story experienced by a sport bike in recent memory, the S1000RR.
4) A fast touring bike with glass smooth engine, lots of luggage and comfortable pillion perch, the K1600.

i can not agree ,, you right ,sales are not too good, but also Honda came up with the VFR 1200 [my friend rides one],which could be in the case of discontinuing a good alternative choice.
the K 1600 Gt is too heavy for me , i changed from the 1400 GTR for that reason to the K1300s and i love and enjoy that bike. last week back from the Swaziland rally +- 4500km in 8 days , from Swakopmund/Namibia through Botswana and south Africa to Swaziland, what a lovely ride . my K1300s is just over two years old and has 4500km on the clock ,never once a problem.
for our needs those type of bikes are more than ideal, comfortable reasonable range and fast enough. long distances on a RR ,, never ! i need the panier boxes as well ,but definitely not a bike which weights more than 300kg...
i will be highly disappointed in BMW if they are discontinuing that fantastic bike , i want to replace it one day with the same bike ....

best regards from Namibia ..
andreas :shock:
i love my bike .........
andreas1
Smith

Return to SPORT BIKES