BMW Rear Paddock Stand

Talk all Sport & Performance Bike Topics. Talk Motorcycle Racing & the State of the Two-Wheel Industry.

BMW Rear Paddock Stand

Postby Harvington Rug on Thu May 26, 2005 4:48 pm

It turns out that the information about the Paddock Stand has been in the Owners Handbook all the time. Page 104.

It quotes 'The rear wheel stand with BMW special tool number 363980'

The full part number is 80 000 363 980. Prices seem to vary between £225 and £250. Have tried to order it, but it is on 'back-order'.

Expensive, but it looks just the job....proper job.

If anyone has managed to get one, can you let me know what you think to it.

Cheers.
Harvington Rug
Smith

Postby Fmangano on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:09 pm

I'm not sure if this will help you any, but PitBull makes a beautiful rear stand for the K1200S and R bikes.

The Pirate's Lair sells them or you probably can get one direct if this suits your needs. It is constructed quite well and fits the rear drive opening perfectly.

It is a one man operation to stand the bike up or down, and the handle drops down along side the bike, not behind.
Fmangano
Smith

Postby Beamer on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:39 am

Ditto on the Put Bull.

I just bought a pair from Scott at zzr1200.net for a great price.

Incredible quality and workmanship, super easy to use.
Beamer
Cowboy

REAR PADDOCK STAND

Postby FOODTECH on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:33 pm

I bought a MICRON single sided rear stand and modified the spigot to fit the rear wheel centre. Stable when up but difficult to get it there. Harris Racing now make one and I bought that, works well and is a quality unit. Costs £95. They make a front which is fine for cleaning etc but you cannot remove the wheel spindle on stand. However, their Superbike front stand lifts the bike fine and does allow wheel removal so I use that.
Last edited by FOODTECH on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
FOODTECH
Cowboy

Postby russmu66 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:00 pm

Have just ordered an Anderson workshop bike stand for my K1200R. I have had Anderson stands for my other bikes and have always been happy with the quality and the price.

If interested check out
http://www.andersonstands.com
russmu66
Cowboy

Postby brianski on Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:57 pm

I use an Abba stand, great piece of kit that unloads the rear suspension when lifting the bike. check out their web site www.abbastands.co.uk

brianski
Smith

Postby denisl on Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 pm

I have the Anderson space saver (pictured in the earlier post) for my S. It has 3 wheels which allows you to move the bike around while on the stand. Exceptionally easy to use, first rate quality and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I use it daily. they ship globally.
Denis

2006 K1200s, DOM Aug 2005
Granite Grey, ESA, Evo race filters, Remus slip-on
denisl
Smith

Postby k12oos on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:46 pm

They are good people to deal with. I ordered mine in yellow...well I have got yellow wheels.... 8)

Great service, terrific value, thanks for putting me on to them Denis.. :wink:
k12oos
The new force in 1 wheel drive.
k12oos
Viper

Re: REAR PADDOCK STAND

Postby Paul Lewis on Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:51 am

FOODTECH wrote:I bought a MICRON single sided rear stand and modified the spigot to fit the rear wheel centre. Stable when up but difficult to get it there. Harris Racing now make one and I bought that, works well and is a quality unit. Costs £95. They make a front which is fine for cleaning etc but you cannot remove the wheel spindle on stand. However, their Superbike front stand lifts the bike fine and does allow wheel removal so I use that.

I have bought the Harris front and rear stands for my KR. They are good quality and work well. I have no problem in removing the front or rear wheels when using the stands. I bought them at the NEC bike show. £180 for three stands (I included my mate's paddock stand in my purchase)

Paul

Paul
Paul Lewis
Smith

K1200R/S Rear Stand

Postby lisa_st on Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:17 pm

We carry a stand from Verholen in our store.

Lisa @ SJBMW
Lisa
R1200ST Owner and Enthusiast
lisa_st
Smith

Postby jewilson on Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:20 pm

So does any one have the web address of the vendors????
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby Animal on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:51 pm

Wunderlich (www.wunderlich.co.uk) do a paddock stand for the K12S/R/Various new GSs

Bought mine in a sale for £45 from www.spc-bmw.co.uk

Great bit of kit :)
------------------------------
Animal (of the muppet variety)

05 K1200S
99 K1200RS
99 R1 Trackbike
Animal
Smith

Postby Jim Panzee on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm

I can vouch for the Wunderlich stand too, although the special offer has finished and its £65 now.
Simon at SPC is the man to ask, at Animal's link.
I was a bit disappointed when I first saw it because it seemed so crude. Now I've used it I think its simple genius!
Jim Panzee
Viper

Postby Paul! on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:31 am

Chaps, the Wunderlich paddock stand, I believe this stand doesn't have a bearing built-in to allow for the free turning of the wheel. I gather it has some sort of 'protection/material' to stop it scratching/binding, can you confirm that the wheel does turn and that no damage is caused pls.

I only ask because I'm after one.

Thanks.
Paul!
Smith

Postby Eka on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:21 pm

Boxer-design has different model (145€) like this:

I have a cheap one from Hornig with 79€, which is propably the same as wunderlicht:

http://www.motorradzubehoer-hornig.de/?page=produkte&artgrp=15&art=1448#

Haven't used it yet, but there is like felt fabric around the pipe, so it doesn't scratch.

Never played with like those, so i need someone to look after the bike, when i try it. :roll:
Last edited by Eka on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eka
Morpheus
Morpheus

Postby Alan Brothers on Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:25 pm

Just received the Anderson I ordered as a result of recommendations made on this thread. The company was pleasant to deal with, ships fast and the quality is excellent.
Alan Brothers
Smith

Postby jewilson on Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:46 pm

Alan Brothers wrote:Just received the Anderson I ordered as a result of recommendations made on this thread. The company was pleasant to deal with, ships fast and the quality is excellent.

Alan,

How much was the shipping and how long did it take to get it once you ordered it.

Thanks
Cheers
Jim
jewilson
Racer
Racer

Postby Alan Brothers on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm

The price was $263 including shipping to my home in Maryland. Shipping time quoted was 3 weeks however, I received the stand in about 10 days.
Alan Brothers
Smith

Postby Paul! on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:34 am

Thanks for the link Eka, some good photos on the site. It looks a simple design, I'm thinking of asking one of the welders at my work to fabricate one up. I'll make some measurements tonight.

Cheers
Paul!
Smith

Postby Jim Panzee on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Paul,

The Wunderlich stand doesn't have a bearing, it has felt around the tube. This means you can turn the wheel but it certainly won't spin freely. It is sufficient to remove the wheel and to clean it-turning it bit by bit.
Pros: It is rock-steady, it is a doddle to lift the bike on your own and it folds away nicely. It is very cheap too.
Cons: It is a bit 'industrial' looking but is also good for chaining to.

Can send piccy if you want, but not till tomorrow.

Jim.
Jim Panzee
Viper

Postby Paul! on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:11 am

Jim, thanks for the info, some pic's would be great and some measurements even better :D

It looks like there is nothing to stop the bike/wheel from sliding off the end when up on the stand, I guess the weight and friction (as long as the bike is on even ground) is enough not to worry :?:

cheers
Paul!
Smith

Postby Paul! on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:23 am

Simon from SPC motorcycles has e-mailed the following about the Wunderlich 'The part number is 5524050=£75. Postage=£10'. I may go down this route.
Paul!
Smith

Postby Jim Panzee on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:15 pm

Paul,

Sorry but haven't got round to piccies yet (although there's some on the Wunderlich site if you can read German). There is no way that the bike could slide off when on the stand, it pokes out the other side too far to worry, plus it is rock-solid. Ok it doesn't have posh wheels but this works in its favour for stability - you can jump up and down on the bike when its raised and you won't move it - imagine scaffolding bar on steroids, with welded braces.
As far as dimensions go, don't know if this will help but the stand's footprint when fitted is within the wheelbase and the left footpeg. That means it doesn't stick out backwards or sideways beyond the bike.
Jim Panzee
Viper

Postby tsandler on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:03 am

I have the Anderson stand, and it is excellent. The quality is first rate, it is sturdy, and easy to use. It also has a bearing in the shaft, allowing the rear wheel to turn easily. I can certainly reccommend it.
Growing Old Is Inevitable; Growing Up Is Optional.
tsandler
Smith

Next

Return to SPORT BIKES