Torque arm delemma

Talk all Sport & Performance Bike Topics. Talk Motorcycle Racing & the State of the Two-Wheel Industry.

Torque arm delemma

Postby kat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi everyone.....I just got a new to me K1300S and I'm in the process of swiching over all the aftermarket parts from my totaled K1200S (Thank you very much Mr. minivan driver with "Just Married" written with shoe polish all over it :evil: ). The Corbin seat, clear lenses, BMW luggage things, etc. all fit perfectly. My dilemma is I have an Evoluzione billet torque arm that worked very well on the 1200 and improved the handling characteristics a good bit. I know there have been a few changes to the 1300 to improve it's handling but would the torque arm help it as well. I did a search but it seems like 1300 owners are just not interested in the swich out like the 1200 owners were.

BTW.... Both of the bikes have ESA

Thanks in advance,

Brad
kat
Smith

Re: Torque arm delemma

Postby r1 Convert on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:22 am

Hi brad

The obvious question is does the arm fit ? Have you checked on the manufacturers website to see I'd the sort no's are the same.

If they are, then clearly BM decided not to improve that part. You're upgraded specially manufactured and fully adjustable part has got to be better IMHO.

Whats the worst that could happen, you spend an hour fitting it then have to change it back if you don't like it ?!
Cheers

Jon

K1300S, fully loaded apart from TPM & TC - Now Gone !!!!!!

RIP Daren Lassey 01/05/2012
r1 Convert
Viper

Postby kat on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 pm

r1 Convert wrote:Hi brad

The obvious question is does the arm fit ? Have you checked on the manufacturers website to see I'd the sort no's are the same.

If they are, then clearly BM decided not to improve that part. You're upgraded specially manufactured and fully adjustable part has got to be better IMHO.

Whats the worst that could happen, you spend an hour fitting it then have to change it back if you don't like it ?!

Thanks for your reply Jon. I did talk to the manufacture and they said the 12 and the 13 have the same size arms. They do have diferent part #'s due to being "gray" oposed to the 1200's black or silver color. I guess my hesitation is that the 1300s owners have not tried to improve the 1300's handeling with this part like they did with the K1200s. As I stated above, the torque arm made a noticable difference (for the better) on my k12s and I was hoping someone has already tried it on their 1300 and could give some feedback.

Brad
kat
Smith

Postby kat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 am

Well I was finally able to go out and put some miles on the "new" k13s and I am loving this bike. It feels much more nimble than my 12s did. I also am digging the shift assist. There is a very cool sounding "blip" the exhaust makes when up shifting 8) . The pain in the a$$ fuel delivery issues that the 12s are plagued with are nonexistent.

One thing that is happening is the bike will just stall every once in awhile when the cluch is pulled in and I am rolling to stop. Since the mapping was just updated BMW says the bike will adjust in a few 100 miles. Does this sound correct?

Brad
kat
Smith

Postby Bernardo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Kat :)

Congratulations on your new beauty!

BMW says the bike will adjust in a few 100 miles. Does this sound correct?

IMO is not correct, works or not. No problem, surely you can ride 100 miles quickly, then you can show that's not true.
Since the mapping was just updated

Strange, bikes with the updated software has no stalling problems.
K1300R Fiona (2012 - _______): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=18248
K1300R La Gorda (2009 - sold): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10735 - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11251
Me: .........viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13&p=68330
Bernardo
Einstein

Return to SPORT BIKES