REVIEW: Ducati Diavel - My Comprehensive Long Term Test

Talk all Sport & Performance Bike Topics. Talk Motorcycle Racing & the State of the Two-Wheel Industry.

REVIEW: Ducati Diavel - My Comprehensive Long Term Test

Postby SHIVA on Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 pm

REVIEW: Ducati Diavel Cromo Edition - My Long Term, Comprehensive Impressions

I've been wanting to get my hands on a Diavel for a while, because of all the positive feedback it's been receiving. Both the press and owners have been gushing over this bike and I was really eager to find out why.

So, lucky for me, I get to ride one for a few days and share my impressions and get to take some pics along the way. I picked up the Diavel this afternoon at around 4PM and put about 70 miles on it so far.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel7l.jpg

DIAVEL TOPICS COVERED:
> Overview
> Specs
> Features
> Power & Gearing
> Ride Impressions
> The Sport in the Diavel
> What Kind of Ducati is that?
> No ESA, no Problem, just Hand Crank the Damping on the Fly
> Fuel Range
> Urban Assault Weapon / Gentleman's Hooligan
> Night Shots
> Conclusion
> The Diavel is Addictive
> Scientific Explanation of why Diavel is so HOT!
> Sport Bike vs Diavel
> Typical Cruiser vs Diavel
> Hypersport vs Diavel
> Touring Bikes vs Diavel

The Ducati Diavel was launched only last year and almost immediately started generating a positive buzz. Of course it's very light for a muscle cruiser and quite fast with 162 horses pushing a 527lbs bike (that's wet and ready to ride). However, since there is no shortage of light and fast bikes on the road, what makes the new Diavel so appealing? It's tremendously competent, comfortable, refined, powerful, agile, flickable yet with no drama, amazing brakes and almost no bad manners. It's like a hot date who has a great body but she is surprisingly smart and dare I say has a good personality to boot. An impossible mix of character traits, blended well to form a totally fun road-friendly bike. :)

Quick & Dirty Specs Overview:
Engine type: l-c 90-deg. V-twin
Valve train: DOHC, 8v desmodromic
Displacement: 1198cc
Bore x stroke: 106.0 x 67.9 mm
Compression: 11.5:1
Power: 162hp (119kW) @ 9500rpm
Torque: 94lb-ft (127.5Nm) @ 8000rpm
Front suspension: Marzocchi 50mm fully adjustable usd forks
Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Sachs monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
Rear tyre: 240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Front brake: Monobloc Brembo callipers with ABS
Fuel tank capacity: 17l - (4.5 US gal)
Wet weight: 239kg (527lb)
Dry weight: 210kg (463lb)

Features:
ABS
Traction
Riding Modes
Ride by Wire
Slipper Clutch
Keyless Start
LED lighting
Battery Volt Meter
15,000 miles between major service
Warranty: 2 years, unlimited miles
MSRP for Cromo: Starting from US$18,995

Diavel is so competent and technologically advanced that I felt right at home after only a few feet of riding her. A lot of us on this community ride new K bikes because we love smart and fast bikes. The Diavel is certainly both. It has a long list of cool features (see above), many of them familiar to the members on this site. ABS tops the list for me. As a long-time advocate of ABS, I am truly delighted that Ducati has embraced this life-saving feature. Kudos to Duc. But besides ABS, the Keyless Start is simply a must-have. Leave the fob in your pocket, approach the bike with gloves and helmet, start and go. No more taking the gloves off, digging in your pockets for the key. Also keyless means no scuff marks on the triple clamp. :)

The other must-have is the slipper clutch. Of course superbikes usually get the slipper, but it's rare to see it on a "cruiser." I was playing with it while downshifting to 2nd and it worked flawlessly.

And let's not forget this: I like to see the battery volt meter being offered on all premium Euro bikes.

The Diavel has a 4.5 gallon tank and I am assuming that it has 1 gallon reserve. Although I haven't read about it to confirm. The low fuel light came on near the end of my ride and I was going to memorize the odometer to make sure to get the bike fueled up within 20 to 30 miles or so, but to my surprise when the light came on, the odometer switched to trip fuel 0.00 miles. So it actually started counting miles for me. Frankly I prefer it would count miles to empty, but I am glad this feature is available. (see "Trip Fuel" on the left)

There are however some features I like to see being offered on the future versions of the Diavel, such as heated grips, tire pressure monitor, quick shifter and electronic suspension.

Speaking of suspension, the Diavel Cromo has a very premium ride. It's plush, yet compliant and responsive without being too soft. It handles the NY roads very well.

Power & Gearing
The Diavel is very quick in the first 3 gears, the high torque starts at around 2500 RPM and remains pretty unrelenting until the red line, however, the gearing has a different agenda. In 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the Diavel pulls with all its might and it's a joy to push around, but on the highway the 5th and 6th gears are strictly for sipping fuel, as the bike loses it's muscle (quite disappointing). However, 4th gear proved a good compromise for highway riding, as it offered a good mix of power with fuel economy.

(Dyno chart from the Motorcyclist magazine. source: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/compa ... to_16.html)

Ride Impressions
One of the lovely things about being on a naked bike, without any windshield or body panels, is that riding at the speed limit becomes fun. The Diavel is exciting even at 60mph and that can be a major plus for many. However, when the road opens up and you want to play, the Diavel can handle high speeds with ease and the bike has excellent wind management. I wouldn't want to tag a shield on it at all, I think its ergos are just fine.

Although, like all twins, the L-Twin 1200 cc engine vibrates with a pulse that is favored by the Ducatisti; as an inline-four rider I didn't find the vibration intrusive. The Diavel chassis isolates the Testastretta 11° engine very well. Also the mirrors are excellent and the seat is comfortable.

Getting caught in bumper to bumper traffic for a little while at about 80 deg F (26 c), I could feel the engine heat but not enough to be bothersome.

I played with the riding modes of course, and for my taste, just leave in Sport and forgetaboutit. However, when caught in bad, heavy traffic I found it interesting that I could step down the mapping by switching to URBAN and turn the bike from a 162hp beast to a 100hp civil compliant. A very interesting feature and I could see if one is stuck in bad traffic that it could come in handy (or in a major downpour) but the Diavel is so compliant in slow speeds that IMO the Sport will serve for all riding modes. So for me the 3 best modes in order of preference would be 1) Sport, 2) Sport, 3) Sport. :)

More to come...
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Re: REVIEW: Ducati Diavel Cromo - Ongoing Impressions

Postby SHIVA on Mon May 21, 2012 1:41 am

REVIEW: Ducati Diavel Cromo Edition
DAY 2 - 130 MILES

Today was one of the most beautiful days of the year. It was warm, dry, sunny and not too hot, an ideal Sunday for ride where you can still enjoy wearing leathers. Also the traffic was relatively light in town and basically non-existent out of town. I went riding with a buddy of mine who has a tricked out RR.

I have put about 200 miles on the Diavel Cromo so far and I am getting really used to the bike and having a great deal of fun riding it. The Diavel awakens the hooligan in me and I love it. We had a full menu of riding roads today, hitting the twisties, highways, in-town and b-roads. The Diavel's nimbleness really shines on long rides on mixed-roads and the high low end torque really takes the cake. It's an eager but comfortable bike, which somehow been designated in the "cruiser" category, but really could be used as a "naked," "standard" or "sport" bike and with 162 hp on tap, that last moniker is well earned.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel15l.jpg

The "Sport" in the Diavel:
Cornering with the beast takes a bit of getting used to only if you're coming from sport bikes, like me. But after a few minutes of spirited riding in some of our favorite backroads, it all becomes very familiar, very fast. The Diavel has two very good qualities on its side, light weight and amazing Brembo Monobloc ABS equipped brakes. Of course we are all used to great brakes riding Beemers, and in fact Diavel's braking reminds me a lot of my K13S. It's simply confidence inspiring and allows you to push the envelope every chance you get.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel8l.jpg

What Kind of Ducati is That?
The Diavel gets a lot of attention. And no matter where we stopped, whether to take pics or fuel up or get something to eat people would walk up wanting to know more about the bike. For some reason the word of the Diavel hasn't reached the general riding public yet. Of course people know Ducati, but they don't know Ducati makes a new cruiser.

It reminds me of my early years of riding K bikes, I would get stopped by people asking me why there are no boxer cylinder heads sticking out the sides of my bike. Meaning they didn't know back then that BMW made other type of bikes besides boxers. Now of course the word has gotten around, specially with the success of the RR.

People love to look at this bike, they find it filled to the brim with character. Considering Diavel is only a year old and it's a brand new segment for Ducati it's understandable that it might take a bit for the word to get around. :)

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel16l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel11l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel17l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel12l.jpg

No ESA, no Problem, just Hand Crank the Damping on the Fly
Ducati very smartly has placed the rear shock damping knob on the left side and within reach while riding, so it's really easy to adjust the damping (compression/rebound) on the fly. See image below.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel20l.jpg

Fuel Range
In case you need to know! The Diavel has a 4.5 gallon tank (17L) with the low fuel light coming on with 1 gallon left in the tank. I managed to get 107 miles (172 km) (of spirited riding on mixed-roads) before the warning light came on. Of course the bike should be able to do another 25 to 30 miles before running out of fuel, that makes the range at about 135 miles. Now if you're into fuel economy, you could change the riding mode to URBAN and drop down the power to 100HP, ride mostly in 5th or 6th gear and I am pretty certain you could up the fuel economy to about 150 or 160 miles per tank. But why would you, this is a bike meant for massive amount of fun and you don't want to miss out... :)

More to come...
To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel19l.jpg
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Re: REVIEW: Ducati Diavel - My Long Term Test

Postby SHIVA on Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 pm

DAY 3 - Rain all Day - 0 MILES
Day 4- A quick trip for lunch - 10 miles

Yesterday was pouring cats and dogs and I didn't want to get the bike dirty as I have it only until Thursday and need it clean for photos. So, it wasn't touched. Today is overcast with periods of rain and tonight is supposed to pour again, so I hopped on the bike for about 2 hours during a dry period in the afternoon for a quick ride in the city.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel23l.jpg

URBAN ASSAULT WEAPON / GENTLEMAN'S HOOLIGAN
Typically I am not too eager to ride my K1300S into the city just for lunch. The K1300S is well over-qualified for such mundane tasks on our congested roads with very bad pavement. On the K1300S you feel every crack in the asphalt even in Comfort mode, so my K is strictly used for trips out of town and day rides. Also, with the K I am very careful while riding it in town as not to damage the rims. So, having a second bike around, specially a superb hooligan bike such as the Diavel in the garage tempts me to take it out for any opportunity, no matter how short of a ride. Up until a couple of months ago, my second bike was another K bike, so you see my joy of having the Diavel around, even though it's only for a few days.

The Diavel is a master of the inner city. Keeping it in the Sport mode, with all the power and very little traction intrusion and that sweet L-Twin rumble, mixed with the massively beefy 240 rear and amazingly compliant suspension I can finally conquer NYC roads and have serious fun. It reminds me of another bike that gave me a similar superhero power over our terrible roads and that was the BMW HP2 Enduro with nearly 10 inches of suspension travel, very low weight and massive low end torque. :)

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel24l.jpg

So, I was sitting at my office deciding what to eat for lunch, normally I may order something light, or walk to local cafes, but as soon as I checked the weather online showing no rain until this evening I hopped on the Double D and roared to one my favorite spots, Cafe Modagor, which is a few miles away.

I am hoping to be able to take a few night shots, but it all depends on weather for tonight and tomorrow night.

More to come...

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel22l.jpg
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby Bernardo on Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Impressive bike, great pics... :)
K1300R Fiona (2012 - _______): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=18248
K1300R La Gorda (2009 - sold): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10735 - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11251
Me: .........viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13&p=68330
Bernardo
Einstein

Postby FYRWRX on Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Great review; loved the photos -- very well done! :)
Approach learning with a half empty glass; those who think they know everything cannot add more knowledge.

Zen is not a believer's world. It is not for the faithful ones; it is for those daring souls who can drop all belief, unbelief, doubt, reason, mind, and simply enter into their pure existence without boundaries. But it brings a tremendous transformation.

Rides a 2011 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide Ultra and a 2011 BMW K1300S
FYRWRX
Cowboy

Re: REVIEW: Ducati Diavel - My Long Term Test - Night Shots

Postby thammo on Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

Ducati Monster 696= Dr. Banner
Ducati Diavel= HULK
thammo
Smith

Postby SHIVA on Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm

I had my first glitch with the bike last night while taking the night shots and it was with the Keyless system. The way their hands free ignition works is that you place a key fob in your pocket and while you're within two meters of the bike, you can simply start the bike and go. I really like this feature and would love to see it on future BMWs.

I picked up this image from google to explain further. flip-key is normally folded in and is only used for fuel cap and seat unlock. When you want to start the bike, you simply slide down the red lever (on the right of the picture) and hold it there and the bike turns on, then you slide it back up to show the ignition button. press the ignition and start. so, instead of turning a key to the ON position on a regular bike, you slide down the lever to do the same.

Anyway, last night, and it did that to me twice, the bike wouldn't turn on after several tries, so sliding down the lever didn't work immediately. Not sure what the glitch was. It ultimately started each time, but after several tries. Prior to this incident, the bike would turn on without a hitch on first try.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel25l.jpg
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 am

I think I figured out the issue with the hands-free ignition not working last night. Diavel, based on my experience, likes to see the key fob placed somewhere on your person above the tank. so last night I had the fob in my pants pocket and it couldn't read it, but as soon as I brought the fob to my jacket it started recognizing it. So, it seems, at least in my case, that although key fob and the antenna on the bike may have a range of two meters, the bike end prefers to connect with the key fob, when it's not obstructed by the fuel tank.
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby CartoonBiker on Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Great looking bike, amazing photos! Thanks for sharing! :)
2012 BMW K1300S (Full Spec)
2006 Honda CBF 600 SA

Born to ride...
CartoonBiker
Smith

Postby SHIVA on Thu May 24, 2012 5:01 pm

DAY 5 - Rain all Day - 10 MILES at night only
Day 6 - Bike was returned
Total Miles on the bike 255
Total Miles put on by me a measly 225

it rained heavily all day today and finally seized up by the late afternoon giving me enough time to return the bike. I only managed 225 mile, certainly not due to lack of want, or desire, but really crappy weather with basically periods of rain every day.

Here's a cell phone shot of the Diavel, from today, parked in front the busy Ducati NYC dealership after it was returned.

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel28l.jpg

Good bye my friend, I'll miss you... :wink:
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Re: REVIEW: Ducati Diavel - My Long Term Test - Conclusion

Postby SHIVA on Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 am

CONCLUSION:

THE DIAVEL IS ADDICTIVE :!:
This has been one of the most fun bikes I have ridden in a long time. Because I had it for only a few days, I was itching to ride it at any opportunity, but the NYC weather decided not to cooperate so my mileage on the Cromo was a measly 225 for a total of 255 miles. I could have easily put on 600 miles on this bike.

The Duacti Diavel is a very unusual bike. I don't want to repeat some of my statements from above, but that's what conclusions are for. :) The Diavel is a rare breed. It's tremendously competent, comfortable, refined, powerful, agile, flickable yet with no drama, amazing brakes and almost no bad manners. It's like a hot date who has a great body but she is surprisingly smart and dare I say has a good personality to boot. An impossible mix of character traits, blended well to form a totally fun road-friendly bike. :)

Scientific Explanation of why Diavel is so HOT!
OK, so maybe not exactly endorsed by the SpaceX who are doing the private rocket launch to the space station, but I have ridden a lot of different type of bikes in my life and I have never come across anything like the Diavel.

Sport Bike vs Diavel:
You get on a sport bike, and well what do you get? A sport bike. You lean forward (my favorite riding position) and you know instinctively that riding in town and in traffic is going to be a major pain and you can't wait till you get to the open road and really open up that superbike or the supersport. That's cool, of course! But the real experience, the joy of it is limited to the open roads, the twisties with no traffic and no cops and the track which is the ultimate destination for it.

With Diavel's 162 hp and rather light 520 wet weight, low center of gravity, plush but compliant suspension, very beefy tires and traction + ABS, you can go all out on the open road, but also have tremendous fun riding in the city. The Diavel is very well mannered in low speeds, and has a seductive rather loud rumble (and massive low end torque) that will speak to your soul and take you back to your early days of riding. It reminds you why you love motorcycles so much. It certainly did that to me. I am fortunate to have one of the finest motorcycle ever designed, the K1300S, but was itching to get back on the Diavel and just ride the city streets. This bike is totally seductive and you don't have to push it all the time or be out on desert roads to really feel the rush.

Typical Cruiser vs Diavel:
Well, I am just not a fan of typical cruisers. And not many on this forum are. We have graduated from riding, heavy, slow machines with primitive frames and really terrible brakes. Although the Diavel falls in the cruiser category, it's anything but. It's fast, agile, corners good and stops on a dime with no fuss. Also it's very light for a cruiser. So, in this case there is no contest. it's light years ahead of any H-D for example.

Hypersports vs Diavel:
I love my K1300S, but don't enjoy riding it in the city. Frankly, it was not meant for such conditions at all. The K1300S is meant for the type of riding I did a couple of summers ago - riding wide open on desert roads, boy was that fun. But riding 25 mph in traffic on bumpy roads is not becoming a hypersport. So, the Diavel would actually make a very good companion to a hypersport. Although K1300S and R are do it all machines, they specially shine on long riders, Diavel on short rides and Urban. So, it would be a good mix of bikes to have, a K and a Diavel (if you're lucky enough to be able to swing it).

Touring Bikes vs the Diavel:
Another no contest situation. If the only bike in the world for you is a K-GT or GTL, then you're all set. The Diavel has very limited touring chops. The seat hugs you in place and doesn't allow too much movement for long rides of few hours on highways. The Diavel is better suited to really fun, grin inducing, mind blowing, amazing exhaust note shorter rides. However, you may get better touring comfort if you happen to be 5' 8" or under in height. :)

FINALLY:
I wish Ducati well with this bike. I hope they sell a lot of it. The price will certainly continue to keep the Diavel on the exclusive side, but I think a test ride will convert anyone. It's that good.

Thanks to those who have replied to my thread so far. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

The following are my favorite images from my test ride.

Cheers, And thanks for reading my review and live blogging. :) S

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel7l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel10l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel24l.jpg

To view image larger: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Diavel/Diavel26l.jpg
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby Bernardo on Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Shiva, nice report, very detailed :)

Reading all of your impressions, I think BMW was not too crazy when launched to the market the K1300R, I mean, seems K1300R was pointed a "naked" with mixed characteristic taken from different riding stiles like open road, city or funny track days :) . But as I said before Diavel is a amazing bike.

And I can sure: K1300R is very hot, with the advantage of 4 cylinders and final gears 8)

Oops!, I can't compare dogs with cats... :oops:
K1300R Fiona (2012 - _______): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=18248
K1300R La Gorda (2009 - sold): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10735 - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11251
Me: .........viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13&p=68330
Bernardo
Einstein

Postby SHIVA on Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am

of course K1300R is hot. :) And they aren't really comparable as you said (In the US we say apples and oranges.) The Diavel is not a serious long distance sport-touring machine, the way the K bikes are. it's much better suited for fun, shorter rides and for me really shines in urban. And that's where it differs. It was this contrast that made the bike appeal to me so much. I hope my review makes that clear. :)
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby thebigblue on Mon May 28, 2012 4:09 am

Just wanted to compliment you on the photos, they are stunning.
thebigblue

Postby sundog on Mon May 28, 2012 8:12 am

If only all bike reviews were like this.
I really enjoyed reading this and the great photos complimented perfectly.

At one point i started a thread about "Dream garages if money were no object" and the Diavel was one of my first entries.
I fell in love with it the first time i saw it and would definitely invest in one if opportunity allowed.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
sundog
Raven

Postby FYRWRX on Tue May 29, 2012 2:42 am

Hi Shiva -- very much enjoyed the review and the photos -- just stunning photography! It was great to get detailed feedback on the bike since I was so torn in my purchasing choice. The seating position, the keyless start, and the overall ride and handling were reasons to choose a Diabel. -- but I just couldn't get past the value and flat out appeal of the K1300S. I had the same thought -- what a gret thing it would be to own both! My taste has migrated past my Harley experience; I love the "sensuality" of the sport bike ride experience and the feature/safety value the BMW's have by comparison. I do think that oth the Diavel and the K1300s would make outstanding garage mates! Maybe next year..... :lol: :wink:
Approach learning with a half empty glass; those who think they know everything cannot add more knowledge.

Zen is not a believer's world. It is not for the faithful ones; it is for those daring souls who can drop all belief, unbelief, doubt, reason, mind, and simply enter into their pure existence without boundaries. But it brings a tremendous transformation.

FYRWRX
Cowboy

Postby SHIVA on Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm

guys, thanks for the above comments. Appreciate the fact that you are enjoying this thread and the images.

sundog, I'd love to have a Diavel in my garage. It's such a contrast to my K13.

FyrWrx, I am not comfortable riding a bike with poor brakes. That's one of the first things that I test on a bike. If it's got crappy brakes, I rather return it. If you can't stop, you can't go and if you can't stop fast, you can't go fast. So, the Diavel's ABS equipped monobloc Brembos work similar to the brakes on my K13. This is a major compliment as we have some of the best brakes in the industry, the only ones better are on the RR or if one to upgrade to monoblocs. I am assuming the ABS equipped brakes on the Panigale must be out of this world too. :)
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Ducati USA is running a contest about the Diavel with a top prize being a motorcycle trip vacation in Italy.

If you own the Diavel or have test ridden it, go to www.TakeaTurnDiavel.com and then click on Speak Diavel and share your experience and also load up some related pics. Beside the grand prize they have lots of other prizes as well.

If you want to demo the Diavel this summer in the US, visit www.DemoTheDiavel.com to sign up.
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Cycle World has picked the Diavel as the Best Cruiser for the 2nd year in a row.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/08/27/be ... vel-carbon

"The Diavel definitely stretches the definition of “cruiser.” Luckily, it stretches it in the preferred direction, with a wickedly fast
 yet perfectly tractable “11-degree” Testastretta Ducati V-Twin housed in a chassis that nicely splits the difference between laid-back and poised-for-action, and that doesn’t bow and scrape for mercy at the first sign of Earth curvature. This one’s bipolar: You can cruise or you can cruise; the Diavel is there for you either way. It’s so fresh that we’re only worried it might be a long time before any new cruiser steps up to depose it. A definite shock to the system that the system needed. For the second year in a row.'
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby FYRWRX on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:26 pm

SHIVA wrote:Cycle World has picked the Diavel as the Best Cruiser for the 2nd year in a row.

@Shiva -- Well Done! :lol:

FYRWRX
Cowboy

Next

Return to SPORT BIKES