REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Fully Detailed Test

Talk all Sport & Performance Bike Topics. Talk Motorcycle Racing & the State of the Two-Wheel Industry.

REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Fully Detailed Test

Postby SHIVA on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 am

REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Multiday Test - Comprehensive Impressions.
This is the Most Detailed & Technical Review of the Panigale S Online.
All Features Explained & Tested.

Mileage on the Odo: 3500
Total Test Miles: 375 (600 km)
Ducati USA Link: http://www.ducatiusa.com/bikes/superbik ... s/index.do

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale2.jpg

ONE LINE REVIEW: IN ITS ELEMENTS THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INTOXICATING TWO WHEEL CREATIONS.
INSTRUCTIONS: Race Mode - Twisty Road - Ear Plugs Off

Panigale Topics Covered:
> Machine Overview
> Full Technology Review
> Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES)
> Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
> Engine Break Control (EBC)
> Ducati Quick Shifter (DQS)
> Engine Power Map
> ABS
> My Fully Personalized Riding Modes
> German vs. Italian
> Sidestand Envy
> Ergonomics & Riding Position
> Riding Impressions
> Sights & Sounds
> Is the '1199 Panigale S' the Demon of Borgo Panigale?
> S1000RR vs the Panigale

MACHINE OVERVIEW

Ducati Suprbikes are some of the most lust after machines in the world. Ever since the legendary designer Massimo Tamburini penned the iconic Ducati 916 back in 1994, the sport bike enthusiasts all over the world eagerly await the next incarnation of the ultimate Ducati. It really doesn't matter what they may have in the garage, whether it's a Beemer, or one from the Japan-4, the arrival of the newest Duc superbike is a highly anticipated event for the sport bike fans.

I love that Ducati is embracing ABS, plus all the other electronic goodies, such as Quick Shifter (DQS), Electronic Suspension Adjustment (DES), Traction Control (DTC) and Engine Brake Control (EBC). Although this is one of the most advanced motorcycles on the planet, it's also the most primal and emotionally charged.

I picked up the 1199 Panigale S on Saturday morning, with the temperature hovering in the mid 40s (6 c). I initially thought I might just ride it for a little while and take it out tomorrow for a "real" ride, since it's going to be in the 70s on Sunday (20 c). 6 hours, 140 miles, 66 images, 3 personalized riding modes and a fuel up later, I parked it next to my K1300S in the garage with a pretty good sense of what this machine is really about.

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale1.jpg

After my very positive experience with the Ducati Diavel, I couldn't wait to get on the 1199. I admit I have been really excited about the design of this bike and I haven't been exactly shy about expressing that on my community. The Panigale is drop dead gorgeous. Every angle, every panel, every detail invites your attention.

SPECS
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S
Type Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
Power 195 hp (143 kw) @ 10750 rpm
Torque 98.1 lb-ft (132 Nm) @ 9000 rpm
Dry weight 164 kg (361.5 lb)
Ready to ride weight 188 kg (414.5 lb)
Riding modes Race, Sport and Wet (fully customizable)
Traction Control 8 Settings plus Off
ABS 3 Settings plus Off. 1 for Race, front only. 2 for Sport and 3 for Wet.
Suspension Front and Rear Ohlins, Electronically Adjustable
Separate Settings for Front and Rear Compression and Rebound, each with 31 clicks electronically adjustable plus 0.
Ohlins Steering Damper, Adjustable
Seat height 825 mm (32.48 in)
Wheelbase 1437mm (56.6in)
Technology Riding Modes, Power Modes, ABS 9ME (available upon request +2.5 kg), DTC, DQS, EBC, DES, Full Ride by Wire, Full TFT display
MSRP: US$22,995 (ABS is optional)

THE TECHNOLOGY
As BMW riders we are no stranger to high-tech, but Ducati seems to be taking this a notch further. The 1199 Panigale S allows you to fully customize and personalize almost every aspect of your ride. For a tech junkie like myself, it doesn't get any better.

For example, the 1199 has 3 riding modes (Race, Sport and Wet), but each mode can be totally customized. Meaning if you want to, you can make the Wet to be Race and the Sport to be Wet and or any which way you desire.

The Default Settings:
The 3 Riding Modes (Race, Sport and Wet) in default settings.

When you are in Race, the engine power is 195HI, the traction is set to minimum interference and the ABS is in position 1 for front only (or can be set to off). Also your suspension settings are tighter. The Quick Shifter is On.
195HI, means, maximum power, fully sensitive throttle.

In Sport, the engine power is at 195LO, traction is set to be more intrusive, the ABS is on position 2, the Ducati Quick Shifter also on.

In 195LO, the bike still carries the full power, but quite smartly, Ducati takes away a bit of the eagerness in low rpms to make the bike launch smoother and be more manageable and less jerky in low rpm riding. I am not a fan of "modes," and I like all the power all the time, but I found the 195LO to work very well being caught in traffic on the way back.

Of course you can move through the 3 modes on the fly, and for some of the other settings, such as DES (Ducati Electronic Suspension) the bike needs to be stopped. Imagine trying to set your front compression from click number 8 to 19 while on the road, you'll rear-end a truck! :) Yes, change the modes on the fly, but customize them when the bike is stationary--even at a red light.

Wet for wet roads or rain and in town, is the most docile in default setting. The power drops to 120 :( and the traction and ABS are set to the max interference and the suspension is softer still.

In addition to the above, you can set your color LCD screen to show Track or Road info. On Track, it shows the Track lap time as the prominent feature, with speed secondary. On Road your speed gets the top billing. The RPM is a bar graph in either settings.

Just like Traction and ABS, you can turn the Quick Shift off.

SUSPENSION
An amazing 128 clicks electronically adjustable Ohlins suspension, which can be set differently for each riding mode for a total of 384 combinations. :)

This is a really an impressive feature. On the 1199 Panigale S, you can adjust the Ohlins suspension via a switch on the left grip in 32 clicks for each front and rear, compression and rebound. The ratings are from 0-31, with 31 being the softest.

As stated, although Ducati offers you a default setting for each of the 3 riding modes, it allows you to completely overwrite and change all the settings for each of the 3 modes and create your own, personal menu. Which I did.

MY PERSONALIZED "CITY" MODE
None of the 3 modes at default, felt like they would create the ideal setting for when riding in town and in traffic. So, I decided to create one and the Panigale allows you that.

In riding mode Wet I changed the engine power to 195LO, set the ABS and Traction to medium intrusion, kept the Quick Shifter On, because it's one of those features that once you start using you won't want to stop (as those of us who have this option on the K1300S and the S1000RR can attest to) and set suspension to soft or "comfort" in BMW lingo. Now when I am in town, I can change the mode to Wet and I have a personalized "City" setting. :) And in a couple of days, I reset the Wet mode to "default" before returning the bike. Simple!

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale3.jpg

To be continued...

:)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**
PLEASE ENJOY OUR OVER 100,000 INFORMATIVE & INTERESTING POSTS.
OUR FORUM IS NOW READ-ONLY.
PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THE REAL ACTION!

ARE YOU MISSING THE ACTION?
We are HOT on Facebook with 4,200 Likes & Growing! Join Us on Facebook for Instant News, Stories, Events & Reports on Sport Bikes, Performance Cars, Technology, Gadgets, Cameras, Whiskey, Cigars & More...
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Re: REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Multiday Test

Postby JHB1984 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:38 am

:thumright:
have fun :mrgreen:
JHB1984
Racer
Racer

Re: REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Ongoing Test

Postby FreedomRider on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 am

I'd hafta' do something about those handlebars; but DAMN what a sexy little Hooligan that would make! :twisted:

Ironic how the same folks who gave us the Vatican have no compunction in offering us such temptation for idolatry. :lol:
Last edited by FreedomRider on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreedomRider

Postby Eka on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Red color is a big nono for me. I love that bike in every other aspect....
Dixi et animam levavi
Current: HP2 Megamoto 2007 + K1600GT 2011 + HP2 Sport (reg. 2011) + Husqvarna TR 650 Terra 2013
Ex BMW's:
HP2 Sport 10/2008,
K1200S 5/2006 bumblebee, 19600km , MAB-power turbokit, STM Slipper clutch, all the extras and more...
K1200S 4/2005, 36000km bumblebee, K1200RS 2003, R1200C 2000
Eka
Morpheus
Morpheus

Postby SHIVA on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Red color is a big nono for me.

Oh too bad, I was going to gift you one, now you lost your chance!!! :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

We are HOT on Facebook with 4,200 Likes & Growing! Join Us on Facebook for Instant News, Stories, Events & Reports on Sport Bikes, Performance Cars, Technology, Gadgets, Cameras, Whiskey, Cigars & More...
SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby Bernardo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Oh too bad, I was going to gift you one, now you lost your chance!!! :)
Me like!, me like! [smilie=banana.gif]
K1300R Fiona (2012 - _______): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=18248
K1300R La Gorda (2009 - sold): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10735 - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11251
Me: .........viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13&p=68330
Bernardo
Einstein

Postby SHIVA on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Me like!, me like!

:)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 pm

REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Ongoing Test
Day 2: Another 140 miles - mix of twisty backroads, curvy state park roads, highway and urban.

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale4.jpg

GERMAN VS ITALIAN
On a German sportbike they tell you what settings you have and you have to live with them. The RR gives you firm ride modes, such as Slick, Race, Sport and Rain and the bike, depending on those selections, will behave a set way on a static suspension setting over all the modes. How German of them.

On an Italian superbike, yes, they may offer you what they think are suitable settings within each mode, (on the 1199 there are Race, Sport and Wet), but they consider since you have arrived at one of the most advanced race bikes on the planet, you probably know a thing or two about ride selection, characteristics and tuning for your riding habits. So, they let you totally tweak the bike to your needs. I think I like the Italian version better. Actually I really like the Italian version. :)

Thanks to this Italian cool factor, I have created my own 3 riding modes that I call "City," "Highway" and "Sport."
Since Panigale allows me to do whatever settings I want, in any category and save them into memory, after putting a couple of hundred miles and keep tweaking the settings to find the ideal solution in each option of each mode, the Panigale is now an immensely more enjoyable machine. (More on actual riding impression later).

The Alternative:
If this new Ducati superbike was made to be an old school race bike with no Electronic Suspension and in fact no other electronic aids and settings at all, sold to the mere mortals to enjoy day to day, it would be almost impossible to exploit its virtues outside of the track. Imagine just setting your suspension in one way, no matter where you are? You would try in your mind to find a compromise for a setting that would work for your entire ride destination. You'd probably just set it sort of in the middle and assume, OK this must be good enough as you wobble through the tight corners in New England's backroads or Southern California's canyons. Granted, we all have done that at some in the past, since these riding aids have only been around a few years.

But now thanks to such technology, I can have a personalized track grade suspension setting, race spec mapping, ABS and Traction set to least intrusive and Engine Braking to most prominent, right where I need it, with an on-the-fly push of a button (I don't even have to be stopped). Wow!

Or consider the polar opposite, as I ride through a major metro area, where my track settings mentioned above are not only needed but are a hindrance to a fun ride in the city, again with a push of a button, I can turn this Italian Stallion into a totally acceptable boulevard cruiser.

Being able to fully customized the Ducati 1199 Panigale S, in not just one, but 3 different packages is truly incredible. And as mentioned it has allowed me to up my enjoyment factor a few fold by creating my own "City," "Highway" and "Sport" modes.

(please excuse the reposting of these images, but I think it's important to see them again regarding my above note.)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:01 am

Day 2: Yes, You can Cruise with the Panigale.

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale6.jpg

RIDING THE PANIGALE IN TOWN

I remember reading a NY Times article about driving a Ferrari F430 in Manhattan back in April, as I was riding the Panigale on the streets. The author complains about the jarring stiff ride of the Ferrari, and the fact that the city is no place for an exotic car, that's why you don't see many of them on the streets. Now the author is complaining about the F430 which is basically an exotic in a street trim, imagine if he was driving a race-ready vehicle.

What if the next Ferrari would offer you ride height, suspension stiffness set for front or rear, braking, engine mapping, traction and engine brake settings so you can have a customized ride anywhere, but specially an enjoyable one on the streets, where almost all Ferraris live. Well, thanks to the also street-savvy 1199 Panigale S, that technology for an exotic vehicle is already here.

The Panigale is a race-ready bike and thanks to the multitude of electronic ride settings, you can ride it on the streets too.

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale5.jpg
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 am

My Personalized SPORT, HIGHWAY and CITY Modes:

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale7.jpg

MY PERSONALIZED "SPORT," "HIGHWAY" & "CITY" MODES

My "Sport" Mode:
For my "Sport" group settings I used the Panigale's "Race" mode and basically kept the features very close to default. The Engine mapping is on 195HI, full on power. The front and rear, compression and rebound suspension settings are set even lower than Panigale's own "Race" default, as I prefer least amount of wobble when I am really "on" the bike, specially around tight corners. The Engine Brake is on number 1 (most prominent), the ABS is on 2 (both wheels, but less intrusive, the ABS 1 is front only), the Traction is on 2 (much less intrusive) and again the Quick Shifter to On.

My "Highway" Mode:
For my "Highway" group settings I used the Panigale's "Sport" mode, but changed things around quite a bit. The Engine mapping is also on 195HI, full on power (since low RPM smoothness is not a factor on the highway). The front and rear, compression and rebound suspension settings are set to be compliant: not too soft and wobbly and certainly not too stiff either. The Engine Brake is on number 2 (medium), the ABS is on 2 (both wheels, but less intrusive), the Traction is on 3 (less intrusive) and again the Quick Shifter to On.

My "City" Mode:
I used the Panigale ride mode "Wet" category to create a personalized "City" mode. Since in the city, you don't need the suspension to handle curves or provide maximum traction at speed or prevent undesirable wobble on the track, I have set both front and rear, compression and rebound suspension settings in very soft. The Engine Brake is on number 2 (medium), the ABS is on 3 (most effective), the Traction is on 4 (middle), the Engine mapping is on 195LO which offers full 195 hp but with smoother ride in low RPMs and of course the Quick Shifter to On. These setting work very well for cruising on the streets.

And I can toggle between my "Sport," "Highway" and "City" on-the-fly in seconds. :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby FreedomRider on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 am

Sounds like setting up a damned smart-phone. :roll: :lol:

Phenomenal versatility when you consider it.
That waist line, and those curves; It's like bike porn. [smilie=1luvu.gif]

I put that bike in my top ten list of cool things I gotta buy when I hit Lotto. [smilie=yahoo.gif]
FreedomRider

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:20 am

Phenomenal versatility when you consider it.

Yes, these incredible options would have come short if you couldn't adjust your suspension as well from the dash. The DES (Ducati Electronic Suspension) is a big factor in such versatility.
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Day 3: Observations

As I prepare my Panigale ride impressions to be posted soon, I'd like to share a couple of observations.

SIDESTAND ENVY

The Panigale S is about 150 lbs (65kg) lighter than the K1300S, yet it gets a much more robust sidestand. Once you put the Panigale down on that beautiful and sturdy sidestand you can be sure it won't go anywhere.

On the other hand, considering our numerous K bike sidestand roll off incidents, why does BMW insist on installing such flimsy kickstands for our bikes? Is it just about style? Over the years we have had tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage done to our K bikes, due to accidental roll offs in driveways or parking lots, because our flimsy stands require that the bike MUST be parked in gear at all times. Even though new owners are never told that and they have to learn it the hard way. BMW are you paying attention. :)

ERGONOMICS & RIDING POSITIONS

Ducati has come a long way. The old cliche about Ducati offering too cramped a riding position for anyone taller than 5' 8" (173 cm) is gone. Considering their varied and dynamic new line up of bikes (cruiser, enduro, Hypermotard, in addition to the sport bikes and the Monster), they have transformed themselves to a full scale marque and unlike another Euro brand that lacks on imagination (yes, I am talking Triumph), Ducati does everything their own way with totally original concepts and execution.

The ergos on the Panigale are not extreme for a superbike, in fact they are quite good. The reach to the grips, the peg positions, the seat distance from the bars aren't cramped at all. Also the seat offers good amount of maneuverability, which is essential for longer rides. The overall ergos and seating position aren't too dissimilar from the RR, which is one of the most comfortable superbikes. Overall I had no problem just getting on the Panigale and start riding it for 140-mile a stretch, multiple times, specially in diverse situations such as in heavy traffic, highway and twisties.
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby FreedomRider on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Can you imagine if the "handlebars" rose up and/or widened from 1 to 3" (to personal taste) when you shifted from "Race/Sport" to "City" and/or "Highway"?
Recent discussions in other forum threads(and the market for risers, Heli-bars, Verholen's, Wunderlich, Schnitzer etc) casts light on what could be the ultimate automatic/digital electro-mechanical personalization for the environment being traversed.

A very poignant point made in regards to the "side-stand" issue. :thumright:

SHIVA wrote:REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Ongoing Test
Day 3: Observations

As I prepare my Panigale ride impressions to be shared soon, I'd like to share a couple of observations.

Sidestand Envy

The Panigale S is about 150 lbs (65kg) lighter than the K1300S, yet it gets a much more robust sidestand. Once you put the Panigale down on that beautiful and sturdy sidestand you can be sure it won't go anywhere.

On the other hand, considering our numerous K bike sidestand roll off incidents, why does BMW insist on installing such flimsy kickstands for our bikes? Is it just about style? Over the years we have had tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage done to our K bikes, due to accidental roll offs in driveways or parking lots, because our flimsy stands require that the bike MUST be parked in gear at all times. Even though new owners are never told that and they have to learn it the hard way. BMW are you paying attention. :)

Ergonomics & Riding Position

Ducati has come a long way. The old cliche about Ducati offering too cramped a riding position for anyone taller than 5' 8" (173 cm) is gone. Considering their varied and dynamic new line up of bikes (cruiser, enduro, hypermotard, in addition to the sport bikes and the monster), they have transformed themselves to a full scale marque and unlike another Euro brand that rather lacks on imagination (yes, it's Triumph), Ducati does everything their own way with totally original concepts and execution.

The ergos on the Panigale are not extreme at all for a superbike, in fact they are quite good. The reach to the grips, the peg positions, the seat height all are very good. Also the seat offers good amount of maneuverability, which is essential for longer rides. The overall ergos and seating position aren't too dissimilar from the RR, which is one of the most comfortable superbikes. Overall I had no problem just getting on the Panigale and start riding it for 140-mile a stretch, multiple times, specially in diverse situations such as in heavy traffic, highway and twisties.
FreedomRider

Postby Bernardo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Just to compare between K13 and Panigale, what about the 4 cylinders Vs. 2 cylinders?, I referring to vibration, sound, low torque ...
K1300R La Gorda (2009 - sold): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10735 - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11251
Bernardo
Einstein

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm

what about the 4 cylinders Vs. 2 cylinders?, I referring to vibration, sound, low torque ...

This review is not about comparing the Panigale to the K1300S at all, the sidestand is the only exception. It's about judging the Ducati 1199 Panigale S by its own merit but in some ways also comparing it to the RR.

I am working on my ride impressions to be shared soon. that will have all the cool info and more. if you read above, I have not shared how the Panigale rides yet... :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby Bernardo on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm clear on this, my question is about concepts, could be a S1000RR, Yamaha or Honda, I never rode a twin V except a Honda VFR 400.. :)
Bernardo
Einstein

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Can you imagine if the "handlebars" rose up and/or widened from 1 to 3"

well, interesting thought, and I know some will like them, but not for me. First I like as little windshield as possible and I have always maintained that. I like to ride bikes and not cars. I actually like the wind! And I like low bars! I LOVE sport bikes and definitely enjoy the lean forward position. so, I am a bit of a purist. Also an electric windshield and bar risers could add 50 pounds+ to a bike and have no place on a superbike. :)

as you know, if one wants a quiet ride, have the smallest shield possible and direct the wind to your chest and not your helmet and wear ear plugs on the highway. :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:16 pm

my question is about concepts,

yes, L-twin vs I-4 will feature prominently in my ride impressions. :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby FreedomRider on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 pm

I too like the "wind"; that is why I chose the K12 "R" rather than an "S". :wink:

Clip-on racing handlebars that 'morph' into "sport" or touring bars is a fantasy as much as a yellow Chevy Camaro morphing into a 30ft robot. Point is there are performance factors for so many things and enviroments, as there are comfort and ergonomic ones.

SHIVA wrote:
Can you imagine if the "handlebars" rose up and/or widened from 1 to 3"

well, interesting thought, and I know some will like them, but not for me. First I like as little windshield as possible and I have always maintained that. I like to ride bikes and not cars. I actually like the wind! And I like low bars! I LOVE sport bikes and definitely enjoy the lean forward position. so, I am a bit of a purist. Also an electric windshield and bar risers could add 50 pounds+ to a bike and have no place on a superbike. :)

as you know, if one wants a quiet ride, have the smallest shield possible and direct the wind to your chest and not your helmet and wear ear plugs on the highway. :)
FreedomRider

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 pm

yellow Chevy Camaro morphing into a 30ft robot

what! you mean that's not real. :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby ssduc on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Bernardo wrote:Just to compare between K13 and Panigale, what about the 4 cylinders Vs. 2 cylinders?, I referring to vibration, sound, low torque ...

Ducati changed their strategy with this bike, pushing power and torque towards higher RPMs. Still far from the I4 power curves, though. Very interested to hear Shiva's impression.

ssduc
Viper

Postby SHIVA on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks! I will provide my detailed ride impressions after I drop off the bike tomorrow, as a wrap up. Thanks for the charts. I won't comment now... :)
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby SHIVA on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 am

Image Worth Reposting:

Click link to view image in higher-rez: http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Panigale/panigale3.jpg
**FOUNDER - ADMIN**

SHIVA
THE PROPHET
THE PROPHET

Postby Eka on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Rear lights are cool

Dixi et animam levavi
Current: HP2 Megamoto 2007 + K1600GT 2011 + HP2 Sport (reg. 2011) + Husqvarna TR 650 Terra 2013
Ex BMW's:
HP2 Sport 10/2008,
K1200S 5/2006 bumblebee, 19600km , MAB-power turbokit, STM Slipper clutch, all the extras and more...
K1200S 4/2005, 36000km bumblebee, K1200RS 2003, R1200C 2000
Eka
Morpheus
Morpheus

Next

Return to SPORT BIKES